Posted on 24. Sep, 2008 in Online Advertising
OK, this is a much better stab at the field than Facebook by far, but it still comes with some a few launch flaws. MySpace Advertising
– Looks slick and easy to use. Very intuitive UI.
– You can create your ad without first creating an account.
– Upload is fast and easy.
– Nice demographic and profile targeting
– Low $25 minimum purchase
– Well, its MySpace…
– The build your own banner templates are horrendous. Big surprise there. Make your own ads always look like crap. Hire a designer people! You can get banners made for $10!
– Uploading banners and Images. Looks slick, but it allows you to upload images on top of images. Just for fun, I uploaded a 728×90, a 300×250 and a random size photo and they just pile them on top of each other in a collage. hmmm? not sure where that ad will look on MySpace.
Biggest flaw by far. CPC only & $0.25 CPC minimum.
Overall a very solid automated advertising platform and heaps better than Facebooks.
Tags: ad platform, facebook, myspace